I have been continuing to study scripture and wanted to post a few findings of wonder and blessing…one most recent being Purim and a detailed study of Esther. Today, I spent time with my sweet friend, Anna, on how to make Hamentaschen…. It is so much fun for us as a family, and I just encourage you to take time out to really embrace your Hebrew roots as a part of God’s family – we are adopted as his children through Jesus….  Celebrate as He has mentioned so often in scripture. Do some research of your own and  just see and receive the blessings…Our family, is loving each new found gift and I think you will too.  We are now on the countdown to Passover (Pesach) – Nisan 14. I will talk more on this in another post…But today… I found a visual of God’s Name…

YHWH!

God's name reveals the fullness of His nature. All of God's nature and attributes are embodied in His name.

The English transliteration of God's personal name is YHWH.

The four Hebrew letters transliterated YHWH are:

a Yod, rhymes with "rode", which we transliterate "Y"

a He, rhymes with "say", which we transliterate "H"

a Vav, like "lava", which we transliterate "W" or "V"

another He

Originally Hebrew (over 300 years ago) didn't have any vowels, and was written right to left.

God's name, as written in Hebrew right to left:

Spelled left to right:

Transliterated into English: YHWH

With vowels added: YAHWEH

Translated: I AM WHO I AM

Check out the Names of our God!

May you be blessed as you celebrate!!!

 

Love, Cindy

0 Responses