CHANGE…yes, it was talked about back a few month ago. And yes, it continues to happen in surprising ways with our family.

See this earlier post or just start at the beginning of my blogging journey: Winter Rest...

But for now, here is the latest…

Job searching adventures…It is now the beginning of the Summer months and we have been blessed over and over by of the mighty hand of God guiding us through the hardship of unemployment. There have been so many WOW God moments through this journey and many moments of spiritual attacks on each of us as a family. I hate that part!!

The road has been very difficult at times to say the least. Do I like this FAITH walk? Not always. Do I see God every day? YES! Do I feel alone? Yes. Do I want to hide from everyone? Most of the time. Do I cry? ALL THE TIME! Am I scared? YES!

Do I feel my Father holding me through the difficulty? Most definitely!

CHANGE…are you okay with change?

You know, I say that I don’t really mind little changes along the way…and, for the most part accepting change is good for us…you know, we grow along the way! Right?

BUT, I am now being TESTED!!!

After many, many, many job applications and many “no thank you”  e-mails, Kevin has been offered an opportunity to use his gifts and talents in a TOTALLY different area…one that he uses every week at our church. And it has NOT been a part of the job search!

So let’s rewind, shall we? Since April of 2000, just a few months after Stonecreek Church started in the Alpharetta Community Center, we jumped into an adventure of a church plant. We became a part of the “road crew.” A team that helped to create the gym into an amazing church environment each week. Kevin got involved with the student ministry running tech for the band. He helped with a ministry discovery program which helped attenders understand their passions, life story and spiritual gifts. Together…it was a great way to see how you fit into your love job (volunteering position at church or anywhere). So this is where we found some of our church passions and reactivated some old loves. Kevin got involved with tech and students, teaching in the children’s ministry and even leading adult small groups. Me, well…I jumped into the children’s ministry leading small groups, teaching and hosting in large group, leading worship, and helping at camps…stretching me way out of my quiet, “shy” self!!!

If you know us and sees at church today…eleven years later, what are we doing?

We continue to do a lot of the same things…well, my role has changed over the past year. But Kevin is still working with the tech team in students. The environment has grown and changed but Kevin has been the glue in the ministry of students and has assisted in so many ways. He continues to teach in the children’s ministry as well.

So, WHAT IS THE CHANGE?

Our dear friend, Bryan was one of the band members  from the beginning of Stonecreek days. He has a job position open for Kevin to join the tech team.

Yay!! That is wonderful news to us! Kevin has been sought after, needed and wanted! And it something he totally loves! He is great at it.

But here is the CHANGE!!!!! TEXAS!!!!!!

Labels: | edit post
0 Responses